Professionals are held to higher standard than non-professionals. When a question of liability arises, any claim or allegation leading to a claim with respect to their business, may result in a damaged reputation and financial destruction. Markel is a trusted name in Professional Liability covers and can assist in selecting the best possible cover for your clients.
Our Media Liability insurance program is designed to provide protection against a broad range of perils including libel, slander and copyright infringement coverage for a variety of publishing and broadcasting risks. Let our qualified professionals work with you to discuss all available options. Our underwriters are creative, flexible and can offer competitive pricing to provide your client with the financial security and peace of mind they need.
Scope of cover
- $5M capacity
- Occurrence policy form
- Broad cover at competitive terms
- Advertising agencies
- Cable TV operators
- Radio broadcasters
- On-line / print newspapers and periodicals
- For publishers of material that is medical, technical or professional in nature, cover may be extended to include contingent E&O cover with options to include or exclude cover for BI and/or PD damage.
- Application – Advertisers supplement
- Application – Advertising agency supplement
- Application – Book publishers supplemental
- Application – Cable television operators
- Application – Commercial printers supplemental
- Application – Communications liability
- Application – Communications liability insurance (supplement)
- Application – Magazine and periodical publishers
- Application – Newspaper publishers
- Application – Radio and television stations