Our care product is aimed at organisations that operate on a for profit or not for profit basis providing services, care, education and support to people in society that have an additional need or requirement.
We have taken time to fully understand the demands that providers face on a daily basis to deliver services to vulnerable and at risk people in society. Our deep understanding of the sector has enabled us to provide an insurance and non-insurance offering that addresses the needs of the sector.
Building upon our extensive experience with organizations around the globe, we have produced a comprehensive and flexible insurance package to help those who care, continue to care.
- Competitive and comparable insurance services – coverage, limits and deductibles
- Specific extensions to general liability relevant to care sector
- Sustainable and long term pricing
- Packaged account with single point of contact
- Risk management services specific to the care and non-profit sector
- Extensions to cover cyber, terrorism, social engineering and legal expenses
Our robust book of business is proof of the strong foundation we have built in the area. We offer exceptional broker and client services coupled with competitive coverage and service offerings. Outside of this scope we also offer customized coverage extensions tailored to the unique needs of the Markel Care clientele.
Operating on a for profit or not for profit basis:
- Community centres (e.g. YMCA)
- Child day care
- Shelters and rehabilitation facilities
- Community charitable organizations
- Mental health organizations
- Homecare and elderly disability centres
Scope of cover
- General liability
- Abuse (claims-made and occurrence)
- Employer liability
- Professional liability
- Directors & officers
- Property and business interruption
- Crime (social engineering)
- Legal Expense
- Private schools
- Long term care facilities/Senior care homes
- Places of worship/Religious institutions